Are you trying to find computer recording audio interfaces among various brands on the market but aren’t sure where to begin? To assist you in finding the right one, we’ve put together a list of the 7 best to help you pick the perfect one!
We investigated and evaluated a number of the top-selling computer recording audio interfaces on the market in order to create our list of the best. Making a decision among the many options available is never simple. There are an infinite number of models available, each with a distinct price. And as you’ll find out, the best options aren’t usually the ones you imagine! This comparison is rich and relevant because of the numerous factors that were employed. You will find products featured in this ranking not only based on their pricing but also on their features and other customers reviews. To write this review, we completed 11 hours of research and did 47 computer recording audio interfaces tests. You won’t need to pick products at random any more. If you’re unsure of what to look for, browse our list and consult the buying guide!
An overview of our top picks
Table of contents
The best computer recording audio interfaces you can buy today
- Pro performance with great pre-amps - Achieve a brighter recording thanks to the high performing mic pre-amps of the Scarlett 3rd Gen. A switchable Air mode will add extra clarity to your acoustic instruments when recording with your Solo 3rd Gen.
- Get the perfect guitar and vocal take with - With two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass so that they shine through. Capture your voice and instruments without any unwanted clipping or distortion thanks to our Gain Halos.
- Studio quality recording for your music & podcasts - Achieve pro sounding recordings with Scarlett 3rd Gen’s high-performance converters enabling you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz. Your recordings will retain all of their sonic qualities.
- Low-noise for crystal clear listening - 2 low-noise balanced outputs provide clean audio playback with 3rd Gen. Hear all the nuances of your tracks or music from Spotify, Apple & Amazon Music. Plug-in headphones for private listening in high-fidelity.
- Easy Start - It’s easier than ever to get up and running with your Scarlett 3rd Gen with our online tool, Easy Start. Whether you’re looking to record or playback audio, we will help you get started.
- With Scarlett 3rd Gen, you have all the tools you need to start recording right, now - We’ve partnered with our favorite industry partners to provide you with plenty of sound content and software so that you can create and record music right away.
- Enjoy three years of warranty - Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Focusrite hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault.
- Podcast, Record, Live Stream, This Portable Audio Interface Covers it All – USB sound card for Mac or PC delivers 48 kHz audio resolution for pristine recording every time
- Be ready for anything with this versatile M-Audio interface - Record guitar, vocals or line input signals with one combo XLR / Line Input with phantom power and one Line / Instrument input
- Everything you Demand from an Audio Interface for Fuss-Free Monitoring – 1/8” headphone output and stereo RCA outputs for total monitoring flexibility; USB/Direct switch for zero latency monitoring
- Get the best out of your Microphones - M-Track Solo’s transparent Crystal Preamp guarantees optimal sound from all your microphones including condenser mics
- The MPC Production Experience - Includes MPC Beats Software complete with the essential production tools from Akai Professional
- 2-channel USB Audio Interface with 1 XENYX Preamp
- Instrument Input
- Phantom Power
- Phantom Power
- Compatible with popular recording software including avid pro tools*, Ableton live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc
- Powerful Phones output with Level control and Direct Monitor select, "Built-like-a-tank", impact-resistant metal chassis
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc
- Speed: The M4 provides best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers, which deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (at 96 kHz with a 32 sample buffer)
- Metering: When recording and mixing, nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels. The M4 is the only audio interface in its class with a full color LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs. Enjoy professional-level volume control and feedback to get your sound just right
- Loopback: The driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily route computer output back to the computer, where you can mix it with live mics and/or guitar inputs from the M4 in your host software for live streaming or podcasting. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding
- A Tradition of Engineering Excellence: Decades of award-winning product engineering for hit songs, mega tours, primetime shows and blockbuster movies goes into every MOTU audio interface
- Workstation Software, Virtual Instruments and Loops: Connect the M2 to your Mac or PC and start laying down tracks with the included Performer Lite or Live Lite production software, plus hundreds of loops, one-shots and sounds from industry leaders Big Fish Audio, Lucidsamples and Loopmasters
- USB Audio Interface: Record singing or guitar and bass into the recording software through the recording software, allowing you to make your favorite music. Line 1/2 stereo output switchable mono. Each channel has its own independent volume control.
- Support Guitar or Bass Insertion: Each interface has a gain halo meter, and the red light flashes when the volume is too high Supports guitar or bass insertion: each interface has a gain halo meter, and the red light flashes too high when the volume is too high The recorded music sound has changed and needs to be adjusted to an appropriate volume. Indicates that the recorded music sound has changed and needs to be adjusted to an appropriate volume.
- Input：The input of the microphone preamp is located on the front panel, using a standard 3-pin XLR socket, supporting 48V phantom powered microphones, etc. An additional 3.5mm microphone jack can be added.
- High-performance converter for USB audio interface enables you to record, mix and play audio in studio quality up to 16-bit/48 kHz, making your recordings clearer and more distinctive
- 48V Phantom Power: For reliable power, the stage audio mixer is equipped with +48V phantom power. With ultra-low noise design. Suitable for beginners and studio professional applications
- The new generation of the artist's interface: Connect your mic to Scarlett's 4th Gen mic pres. Plug in your guitar. Fire up the included software. Start making your first big hit
- Studio-quality sound: With a huge 120dB dynamic range, the newest generation of Scarlett uses the same converters as Focusrite’s flagship interfaces, found in the world's biggest studios
- Never lose a great take: Scarlett 4th Gen's Auto Gain sets the perfect level for your mic or guitar, and Clip Safe prevents clipping, so you can focus on the music
- Find your signature sound: Air mode lifts vocals and guitars to the front of the mix, adding musical presence and rich harmonic drive to your recordings
- With Scarlett 4th Gen, you have everything you need to record, mix and master your music: Includes industry-leading recording software and a full collection of record-making plugins
- Fully integrated audio production studio for streamers, podcasters, musicians and content creators.Headphone Output Power : 250mW. Network Connectivity : Wifi 802.11g/n/ac 2.4GHz and 5GHz, Ethernet 100/1000.
- Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamps (-131.5dBV EIN, 76dB gain)
- Four high-quality Neutrik combo inputs for connecting microphones, instruments and line-level devices
- Nine individually assignable channels with six broadcast-quality physical faders and three virtual faders
- High-performance quad-core audio engine
- Value-packed 2-channel USB 2.0 interface for personal and portable recording.
- 2 high-quality Class-A mic preamps make it easy to get a great sound.
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs to record guitar, bass, and your favorite line-level devices, plus MIDI I/O.
- Studio-grade converters allow for up to 24-bit/96 kHz recording and playback.
- Comes with over $1000 worth of recording software including Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and Studio Magic Plug-In suite.
- Mixer control lets you create a custom blend between inputs and playback so you can monitor with zero latency.
- USB bus-power via USB 2.0 makes it mobile friendly - no need for an additional power supply.
- Equipped with a high-powered headphone output and balanced ¼” TRS outputs.
- Onboard +48V phantom power (global) accommodates studio condenser microphones.
- Boutique-quality onyx mic preamp with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range 48V phantom power for use with Studio condenser mics ¼” TRS input with Hi-Z switch for connecting guitar, bass, and more
- High-resolution 2 in x 2 Out 24-bit/192kHz recording zero-latency direct monitoring of Analog inputs dedicated outputs for connecting studio monitors powerful headphone output
- Bus-powered for easy mobile recording with no power adapter needed USB 2. 0 connectivity for fast transfer speed and low latency Built-Like-A-Tank design to survive day-to-day abuse
- Traction music production software included
- Os Requirements – Mac: OS X 10. 8
How to choose a good computer recording audio interfaces
Does the idea of finding a fantastic computer recording audio interfaces make you anxious? When it comes to purchasing this product, specifically when deciding which model to select, has your head been spinning between options? You are not alone if that is the case. We are aware of the pressure involved in the purchasing process!
Your presence here indicates that you are interested in computer recording audio interfaces. Before choosing which product would be the best for your needs after being inundated with information, locate a reliable source with genuine selections. You can get that information from a variety of sources, including buying guides and rating websites, word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, online discussion forums where users can share their own experiences, product reviews that can be found all over the internet, and YouTube channels. You can only get the right product through exhaustive analysis. But you realize that’s not always simple. In order to ease your concerns, we have taken the time to develop a list of the top computer recording audio interfaces products available right now. You might be wondering how we came up with the list. How was this buying guide developed?
First, we used our algorithms to gather as much reliable data as we could about these products. To verify all the data gathered, we used both artificial intelligence and a lot of algorithms.
Then, our experts used criteria that are recognized in the business to evaluate them according to their quality to price ratio, allowing us to choose the top computer recording audio interfaces on the market right now!
The selection of the goods is not arbitrary. Before creating a list, we take into account a number of factors. Below are some of the criteria discussed:
Brand Value: What happens if you choose a dubious brand just because it appears to be a good deal? So the likelihood of receiving a product with a short shelf life increases. That is due to the fact that well-known brands have a reputation to uphold, while others do not. Top computer recording audio interfaces brands strive to provide some distinctive traits that set them apart from the competition. So, hopefully one or more of the items on our list will be perfect for you.
Features: Useful features are all you need, not tons of them. We consider the important aspects and select the top computer recording audio interfaces based on those.
Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products with higher specifications, but with the right balance.
Quality: A product’s quality may always be quantified with the aid of numbers. We look for goods with better standards that strike the proper balance. The best quality product that gets highly appreciated and recommended by experienced users.
Customer ratings: Would it be accurate to suggest that the computer recording audio interfaces were used by hundreds of customers before you? Superior ratings indicate that many customers had better service.
Customer Reviews: Like ratings, provide you with accurate and reliable information about the product from genuine customers. Customer ratings are very important to all of us because they contain accurate and reliable information about the customer service we received from several hundred customers.
Seller Rank: This is very intriguing! Not only do you need a good computer recording audio interfaces, you also need a product with rising sales that is trendy. It accomplishes two goals. First, the expanding user base proves the quality of the product. Second, given that number, producers must be able to offer greater quality and after-sales support.
Value: You get what you pay for, they say, so consider the value. Cheap isn’t always good and expensive isn’t always bad. However, that does not imply that spending a lot of money on a product that is flashy but underwhelming is a good idea. Before adding them to the list, we make an effort to evaluate how much value you can get for your money from your computer recording audio interfaces.
Durability: Durability and reliability are closely related concepts. You will benefit from a strong and long-lasting computer recording audio interfaces for months and years to come.
Product availability: Products come and go, and new ones replace the old ones. Most likely, a few new features and required changes were made. What use is it to use a supposedly good product if the maker no longer supports it? We make an effort to highlight products that are current and offered by one or more trustworthy sellers, if not more.
Negative Reviews: Yes, we do take that into account as well! The goods with the majority of bad reviews are filtered out and disregarded when we choose the best-rated one on the market.
These are the standards by which we selected our computer recording audio interfaces. Do we end our process there? Hell no. The most crucial fact about us that you should be aware of is that we regularly update our website with current and pertinent information. We have one more layer of filtration since we place the greatest importance on reader satisfaction. Please let us know if any product included here is incorrect, irrelevant, subpar, or simply out of date. We always value your opinions, and we’ll work hard to make any necessary corrections to our list in response to them.
Why should you believe us?
There are now thousands of possibilities for these products on Amazon, but choosing the best one can be difficult and time-consuming. And what computer recording audio interfaces should you purchase in 2022?
This guide is the result of more than 10 years of experience in researching, testing and writing about many topics. Each member of our team is an authority in their area. We read every article we could find online and every consumer review on every retail website for seven hours. Additionally, we discovered a ton of websites that offered helpful resources, including buying tips and thorough information on computer recording audio interfaces.