Are you trying to find home audio subwoofers among various brands on the market but aren’t sure where to begin? To assist you in finding the right one, we’ve put together a list of the 7 best to help you pick the perfect one!
We investigated and evaluated a number of the top-selling home audio subwoofers on the market in order to create our list of the best. Making a decision among the many options available is never simple. There are an infinite number of models available, each with a distinct price. And as you’ll find out, the best options aren’t usually the ones you imagine! This comparison is rich and relevant because of the numerous factors that were employed. You will find products featured in this ranking not only based on their pricing but also on their features and other customers reviews. To write this review, we completed 21 hours of research and did 32 home audio subwoofers tests. You won’t need to pick products at random any more. If you’re unsure of what to look for, browse our list and consult the buying guide!
An overview of our top picks
Table of contents
The best home audio subwoofers you can buy today
- 10" front-firing spun-copper IMG woofer
- All-digital amplifier with 300 watts peak power
- Volume low pass crossover and phase control
- Line level LFE RCA inputs for maximum receiver compatibility
- Dimensions 14 5" x 12 5" x 16 4"
- Frequency response: 32Hz - 120Hz - 3dB
- Amplifier power (Cont Peak): 150W 300W
- Amplifier features: Volume, low-pass, 0 180 phase, Auto power on
- Powerful 12" copper-spun front-firing woofer
- All-digital amplifier delivers 400 watts of dynamic power
- Equally impressive with music and movies; Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet with satin painted plinth
- Low pass crossover and phase control
- Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
- 12" high excursion spun-copper Imp woofer
- 29 hertz – 120 hertz plus /- 3 dB
- 400 watt
- Max acoustic output 116dB
- Bass-reflex via rear firing port. Amplifier power (control/peak): 200 watts/400 watts
- Output wattage: 200 watts
- Included components: Manual; Grill; Power cord
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room.Waterproof : No
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials make this sub highly durable and FIT FOR EXTENDED USE
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly! Features continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover and 40-160 Hz (-3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for multiple subwoofers, make this sub cohesive and complete!
- Amplifier Distortion: <1%
- New twisted flare port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 10” cone woofer
- Stylish addition to any room
- This is an 8" powered subwoofer capable of producing 60 watts (RMS) output. The subwoofer has a frequency response range of 50 to 250 Hz with a lowpass crossover filter, which can be adjusted from 50 to 150 Hz. Gain and frequency knobs on the control panel allow you to adjust the crossover filter and the power output for the optimum blend and balance of bass output with your stereo or surround speakers.Waterproof : No
- The subwoofer has multiple input options, which allow it to be used with any existing stereo or 5.1 (or greater) amplifier system. For each input there is a corresponding output.
- High-level inputs accept a full-range signal from the amplifier's stereo speaker outputs. When connecting the unit as part of a 5.1 system, these would be taken off the Front Left and Front Right outputs in parallel to the standard pair of front speakers. The subwoofer provides its own power and includes impedance matching circuitry, so this will not reduce the power output to the front speakers or affect the overall impedance load on the amplifier.
- Additionally, the subwoofer has a set of right/left Line Level inputs. If using a standard stereo system, without a special subwoofer output, you can connect these to the left and right line level outputs on the amp. The subwoofer will then combine the signals to process the mono bass signal it needs to drive the speaker. If you are using an amplifier with a single mono subwoofer line level output, simply use an RCA "Y" cable to split the output and send it to the two line level inputs on the subwoofer.
- The subwoofer is housed in an attractive black wood cabinet that measures 13.75" x 11.75" x 11.75" (H x W x D). The driver and a 2 3/4" sound port are located on the front, covered by a black cloth speaker grill.
- HOME THEATER LFE POWERED SUBWOOFER - Dedicated LFE or standard RCA inputs easily connect to your home theater receivers Subwoofer Output. Save power with the added Signal Sensing Auto ON/OFF feature
- 300 WATTS PEAK POWER - Integrated high efficiency power amplifier, 26 - 250 Hz with 97dB at 8ohm, Auto ON/OFF and 0 - 180 degree Phase control switches, Gain and 40 - 140 Hz Crossover control knobs
- 8 INCH FRONT FIRING WOOFER - Long throw woofer with high rigidity PVA Treated cone, bottom slotted port, Bass Reflex cabinet with vibration absorbing feet, high quality MDF with internal bracing, black ash finish and removable acoustically transparent grill
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Standard US 110V grounded wall plug, any home theater receiver with RCA dedicated or LFE subwoofer outputs, home receiver or stereo with raw wire outputs. Use for home theater and surround sound systems
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Acoustic Audio by PSW300-8 powered subwoofer, 9 foot dual RCA/LFE cable, RCA "Y" adapter, instruction manual - Standing sub with feet size is (H x W x D) 13" × 10" × 9.5"
- Output wattage: 300.0 watts
- Movie Theater Quality Bass: You know that feeling at the movies when your seat shakes from the roar of the action? The KD-10SW subwoofer is engineered to bring that ultimate low frequency experience to your home, so your movies and music sound like you’re there.
- All-Digital Amplifier: The built-in, all-digital amplifier delivers ample power with high efficiency and true-to-source accuracy in reproduction, ensuring maximum efficiency for maximum output, detail, and power.
- Low Pass Crossover and Phase Control: Ensures the KD-10SW's low-frequency tones blend with other Klipsch speakers and establishes the ideal level of bass for your room.
- Front-Firing Driver: The high-performance, 10" driver provides deep bass while minimizing distortion, while the front-firing design provides versatile room placement flexibility.
- Sleek, Contemporary Appearance: The Klipsch KD Series offers a stylish and highly durable aesthetic that fits seamlessly into any décor. The cabinets are designed just like our professional movie theater speakers, reducing vibration for a crisp, clear sound. The series features a low-profile grille for a refined look and acoustic transparency.
- Take Control: Line/LFE inputs ensure compatibility with any home theater receiver or processor.
- 12" front-firing, spun copper img woofer
- 2.4Ghz wireless hi-fi pre-paired transmitter
- All-digital amplifier
- Low pass crossover and phase control
- Strong, flexible, removable grille
- Rockville Rock Shaker 8 Black 400 Watt Powered 8" Home Theater Subwoofer.
- 400 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. Built-in Class D Amplifier. Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. (MDF wood sounds better and lasts longer than particle board). High-grade vinyl enclosure covering with a beautiful finish. The enclosure is built with the perfect air space to maximize sound quality and punch. The rear firing port is engineered for optimal sound.
- Class “D” Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. High-grade woofer with foam surround and paper cone. Woofer has a Y30 grade magnet, and 1. 5” 4-layer voice coil. Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound! . Enclosure is filled with fire resistant poly cotton. Detachable foam grill. Inputs / Outputs / Controls: . . RCA line input. RCA line output. Speaker High level inputs. Speaker High level outputs.
- Volume control. Phase switch (0°-180°). Crossover Frequency control. Power switch. Standard IEC power cable included. Specifications: . . Amplifier: Class D. Woofer Impedance: 4 Ohm. Signal to noise ratio: 85 dB (Maximum output with THD+1<1%, A-weight). THD: 1%. INPUT sensitivity: 88dB +/- 2dB. Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 200 Hz. 400 Watts peak output. 200 Watts RMS output. Voltage: 110-240V.
- Product Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D): 11. 8'' x 15'' x 13. 8''. Shipping Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D)14. 6 ''x 18. 3'' x 18. 9 ''. Unit Weight: 18 LBS. Shipping Weight: 22 LBS. Color: Black
- 12" High Performance Powered Subwoofer.Waterproof : No
- 150 Watts RMS, 200 Watts Peak
- 50 ~ 250 Hz Frequency Response
- The splitter has an operating range of up to about 30 feet (10 meters)
- Spun copper front-firing Cerametallic woofers
- 12-inch, front-firing driver
- 200 watts continuous, 400 watts dynamic power
- Compatible with almost any AV receiver
- Strong, flexible, removable grille
- Contemporary finish to integrate with any decor with ease
- Dimensions: 16” H x 14” W x 19.25” D
- What’s in the box: (1) Sub-120 Subwoofer and power cord - connection wires not included
- Place your subwoofer in a corner for optimal performance
- ADVANCED ACOUSTICS: The new high-performance Klipsch subwoofers worthy of the Reference Premiere moniker are built with our groundbreaking acoustic technology and are, pound for pound, some of the best subwoofers Klipsch has ever created.
- BALANCED PERFORMANCE: Compared to other premium subwoofers on the market, Reference Premiere subwoofers strike an optimal balance between amplifier power, driver capability and cabinet volume for maximum output, detail, and frequency extension.
- GROUND-UP DRIVER DESIGN: A redesigned driver aimed at delivering the ultimate low-frequency experience, the Cerametallic woofers are incredibly powerful and efficient, outperforming the competition.
- HIGH-EFFICIENCY CLASS D AMPLIFIER: The built-in, high-efficiency amplifier features an analog preamp design, which maintains the original signal path for cleaner, true-to-source reproduction. The Class D output stage ensures maximum output, detail and low frequency power.
- MONSTER BASS ANYPLACE: Featuring a front-firing driver, you can place your Reference Premiere subwoofer anywhere you want. The proprietary internal geometry with a new Aerofoil front slot port minimizes turbulence for crisp, tight bass.
- DESIGN UPGRADES: Scratch resistant ebony vinyl finish looks like real wood and covers the entire cabinet. Rounded corners, shock-absorbing rubber feet, steel grille posts and a durable woven cloth grille ensure a premium aesthetic.
- HOME THEATER POWERED SUBWOOFER - Standard RCA inputs easily connect to your home theater receivers dedicated Subwoofer Output. Save power with the added Signal Sensing Auto ON/OFF feature
- 500 WATTS PEAK POWER - Integrated high efficiency power amplifier, 24 - 250 Hz with 98dB at 8ohm, Auto ON/OFF and 0 - 180 degree Phase control switches, Gain and 40 - 140 Hz Crossover control knobs
- 12 INCH DOWN FIRING WOOFER - Long throw woofer with high rigidity PVA Treated cone, bottom slotted port, Bass Reflex cabinet design with vibration absorbing feet, high quality MDF with added internal bracing and black ash finish
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Standard US 110V grounded wall plug, any home theater receiver with dual or single RCA dedicated Subwoofer passive output, home receiver or stereo with raw wire outputs. Use for home theater and surround sound systems
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Acoustic Audio by PSW-12 powered subwoofer, 6 foot dual RCA cable, RCA "Y" adapter, instruction manual - Standing sub with feet size is (H x W x D) 13.8" × 13.4" × 14.6" - NOT LFE Compatible
- Included components: 1 Powered Subwoofer Speaker, 1 Dual RCA 6 Foot Cable, 1 RCA "Y" Adapter, Instruction Manual
- Rockville Rock Shaker 6.5 Black 200 Watt Powered 8" Home Theater Subwoofer.
- 200 Watts Peak / 100 Watts RMS. Built-in Class D Amplifier. Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. (MDF wood sounds better and lasts longer than particle board). High-grade vinyl enclosure covering with a beautiful finish. The enclosure is built with the perfect air space to maximize sound quality and punch. The rear firing port is engineered for optimal sound.
- Class “D” Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. High-grade woofer with foam surround and paper cone. Woofer has a Y30 grade magnet. Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound!. Enclosure is filled with fire resistant poly cotton. Detachable foam grill
- Inputs / Outputs / Controls: RCA line input. RCA line output. Speaker High level inputs. Speaker High level outputs. Volume control. Phase switch (0°-180°). Crossover Frequency control. Power switch. Standard IEC power cable included
- Specifications: Amplifier: Class D. Woofer Impedance: 4 Ohm. THD: <1%. Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 200 Hz. 200 Watts peak output. 100 Watts RMS output. Voltage: 110-240V. Unit Weight: 13.2 LBS. Dimensions in inches: 11" W x 11.8" H x 12.6" D. Color: Black
- 12 inches long throw cerametallic woofer
- Maximum acoustic output 118dB
- 600 Watts
- Wireless with optional Klipsch WA-2 accessory. Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: bass reflex
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Amplifier power: 120 watts peak/ 60 watts RMS
- Frequency response: 38hz-200hz; crossover frequency: 40hz-200hz
- Driver: 10" Low Throw dynamic woofer with these inputs: L/R/LFE/speaker level
- Powered Compact Subwoofer-Integrated High Efficiency Power Amplifier, This Sub Is Your Answer To More Power In A Compact Design.Overall Frequency Response 40- 250 Hz, Gain And 60 - 250 Hz Crossover Control Knobs
- 6.5 Inch Side Firing Woofer - Long Throw Subwoofer With High Rigidity Pva Treated Cone, Bottom Slotted Port, Bass Reflex Cabinet Design In Compact Size, With Added Internal Bracing And Black Oak Finish
- Wired Connection - The Primary Function Of This Subwoofer Is To Enhance Bass Reproduction. For Optimal Performance, We Recommend Connecting This Subwoofer To A Stereo Or Multichannel Audio System Using Various Input Options, Including RCA Input, Aux Input, LFE Input, And High Speaker Level Input And Output Connections.
- Home Theater Powered Compact Subwoofer -Bestisan Powered Subwoofer Standard 3.5Mm RCA High Lever Inputs Easily Connect To Your Home Theater Receivers Dedicated Subwoofer Output. It Delivers Incredible Deep Bass Performance And Provides Low, Tight And Smooth Bass. Make Your Movies, Music And Sports Experience Thrilling
- Led Display Design- Different Led Light Indicates Different Mode, Round Corner Design Can Prevent Bruising And Perfectly Integrate With Your Room.
- What’s In The Box- 1x Powered Subwoofer, 1x Power Adapter,1x User Manual, 1x Service Card
- Compact Design But Powerful Subwoofer - This powered subwoofer is suitable for your room, completing the system by adding the deeper notes of music that have been recorded. For music reproduction, it does a great job.
- Powered Down-Firing Woofer - SW65C is a down-firing subwoofer, designed to fill your room with immersive surround sound and deliver low, tight, and smooth bass.
- Works with speakers, turntables, TVs with an analog output, CD and DVD players, video game consoles, and all products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs. Please kindly note that the function of the sub is to enhance the bass only. We recommend you pair it with your speakers.
- Be Compatible With Your TV - The subwoofer can work with a TV that supports audio output connection. Set the sound output option to TV and external speaker, and you can connect the subwoofer directly to your TV. If your TV doesn't support this sound output option, we recommend pairing the subwoofer with other speakers/soundbar first, and then connecting it to the TV.
- Wired Connectivity: The subwoofer's primary role is to enrich bass reproduction. To ensure top-tier performance, we suggest linking this subwoofer to a stereo or multichannel audio system using a range of input options, such as RCA input, Aux input, LFE input, and high speaker level input and output connections.
- What’s in the Package - 1x Powered Subwoofer( Model: SW65C) , 1x Coaxial cable, 1x Power adapter, 1x User Manual.
- Enormous 15" heavy-duty, long-throw woofer
- 150W amplifier with selectable auto-on feature for satisfying power
- Downward-firing flared port design for clean, powerful bass
- Perfect for large home theater rooms
- Unobtrusive texture black vinyl finish cabinet with removable grill
How to choose a good home audio subwoofers
Does the idea of finding a fantastic home audio subwoofers make you anxious? When it comes to purchasing this product, specifically when deciding which model to select, has your head been spinning between options? You are not alone if that is the case. We are aware of the pressure involved in the purchasing process!
Your presence here indicates that you are interested in home audio subwoofers. Before choosing which product would be the best for your needs after being inundated with information, locate a reliable source with genuine selections. You can get that information from a variety of sources, including buying guides and rating websites, word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, online discussion forums where users can share their own experiences, product reviews that can be found all over the internet, and YouTube channels. You can only get the right product through exhaustive analysis. But you realize that’s not always simple. In order to ease your concerns, we have taken the time to develop a list of the top home audio subwoofers products available right now. You might be wondering how we came up with the list. How was this buying guide developed?
First, we used our algorithms to gather as much reliable data as we could about these products. To verify all the data gathered, we used both artificial intelligence and a lot of algorithms.
Then, our experts used criteria that are recognized in the business to evaluate them according to their quality to price ratio, allowing us to choose the top home audio subwoofers on the market right now!
The selection of the goods is not arbitrary. Before creating a list, we take into account a number of factors. Below are some of the criteria discussed:
Brand Value: What happens if you choose a dubious brand just because it appears to be a good deal? So the likelihood of receiving a product with a short shelf life increases. That is due to the fact that well-known brands have a reputation to uphold, while others do not. Top home audio subwoofers brands strive to provide some distinctive traits that set them apart from the competition. So, hopefully one or more of the items on our list will be perfect for you.
Features: Useful features are all you need, not tons of them. We consider the important aspects and select the top home audio subwoofers based on those.
Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products with higher specifications, but with the right balance.
Quality: A product’s quality may always be quantified with the aid of numbers. We look for goods with better standards that strike the proper balance. The best quality product that gets highly appreciated and recommended by experienced users.
Customer ratings: Would it be accurate to suggest that the home audio subwoofers were used by hundreds of customers before you? Superior ratings indicate that many customers had better service.
Customer Reviews: Like ratings, provide you with accurate and reliable information about the product from genuine customers. Customer ratings are very important to all of us because they contain accurate and reliable information about the customer service we received from several hundred customers.
Seller Rank: This is very intriguing! Not only do you need a good home audio subwoofers, you also need a product with rising sales that is trendy. It accomplishes two goals. First, the expanding user base proves the quality of the product. Second, given that number, producers must be able to offer greater quality and after-sales support.
Value: You get what you pay for, they say, so consider the value. Cheap isn’t always good and expensive isn’t always bad. However, that does not imply that spending a lot of money on a product that is flashy but underwhelming is a good idea. Before adding them to the list, we make an effort to evaluate how much value you can get for your money from your home audio subwoofers.
Durability: Durability and reliability are closely related concepts. You will benefit from a strong and long-lasting home audio subwoofers for months and years to come.
Product availability: Products come and go, and new ones replace the old ones. Most likely, a few new features and required changes were made. What use is it to use a supposedly good product if the maker no longer supports it? We make an effort to highlight products that are current and offered by one or more trustworthy sellers, if not more.
Negative Reviews: Yes, we do take that into account as well! The goods with the majority of bad reviews are filtered out and disregarded when we choose the best-rated one on the market.
These are the standards by which we selected our home audio subwoofers. Do we end our process there? Hell no. The most crucial fact about us that you should be aware of is that we regularly update our website with current and pertinent information. We have one more layer of filtration since we place the greatest importance on reader satisfaction. Please let us know if any product included here is incorrect, irrelevant, subpar, or simply out of date. We always value your opinions, and we’ll work hard to make any necessary corrections to our list in response to them.
Why should you believe us?
There are now thousands of possibilities for these products on Amazon, but choosing the best one can be difficult and time-consuming. And what home audio subwoofers should you purchase in 2022?
This guide is the result of more than 10 years of experience in researching, testing and writing about many topics. Each member of our team is an authority in their area. We read every article we could find online and every consumer review on every retail website for seven hours. Additionally, we discovered a ton of websites that offered helpful resources, including buying tips and thorough information on home audio subwoofers.