Are you trying to find timer switches among various brands on the market but aren’t sure where to begin? To assist you in finding the right one, we’ve put together a list of the 7 best to help you pick the perfect one!
We investigated and evaluated a number of the top-selling timer switches on the market in order to create our list of the best. Making a decision among the many options available is never simple. There are an infinite number of models available, each with a distinct price. And as you’ll find out, the best options aren’t usually the ones you imagine! This comparison is rich and relevant because of the numerous factors that were employed. You will find products featured in this ranking not only based on their pricing but also on their features and other customers reviews. To write this review, we completed 10 hours of research and did 22 timer switches tests. You won’t need to pick products at random any more. If you’re unsure of what to look for, browse our list and consult the buying guide!
An overview of our top picks
Table of contents
The best timer switches you can buy today
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR LIGHTS - Add convenience and customization to your home with the Honeywell Home 7-Day Programmable Light Switch Timer.
- HELPS SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILL - Scheduled programming allows this light switch timer to turn your home lights on and off automatically, helping you save both time and energy.
- HIDDEN PROGRAMMING BUTTONS - On/Off door flap opens to reveal programming buttons for easy operation and programming of your ceiling fans, bathroom fans, pond pumps, and pool pumps in addition to all your home lighting and motor-operated lights (one switch per home installation).
- SIMPLE PROGRAMMING - Easily program up to 7 on-and-off schedules per week that can be repeated daily or weekly.
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lights or let the programmable timer switch run automatically on a programmed schedule.
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lights or let the programmable timer switch run automatically on a programmed schedule
- CONVENIENT FEATURES - Built-in rechargeable battery protects your programs during power outages and the LCD screen conveniently shows time, day and load status.
- COMPATIBLE WITH: All types of lighting up to 2400 W including ceiling/bath fans and pumps up to 1 HP. Single pole installation requires neutral wire. Works with CFL and LED bulbs.
- Wallplate not included.
- DIMENSIONS - 4.0625 x 1.6875 x 1.5 inches
- Automate the shut off operations of all types of lights including LEDs, CFLs, fans and heaters at the time pre-set
- Six pre-set options: 1min, 5min, 10min, 15min, 20min or 30min; Simply push the button to set countdown time preference
- Replaces standard in wall light switches, fan switches or spring loaded timers for energy saving, convenience and lighting and fan control
- Blue LED light STAYS ON, easy to locate in darkness. Ideal for bathroom, closet, pantry, garage, laundry room, spa; Due to the bright LED light, bedrooms are not recommended for this feature
- Specifications: UL Listed, NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED, supports LED/CFL: Incandescent: 800W, Fluorescent: 800VA light bulbs , Motor: 1/4 HP, Single Pole Switch. Wall Plate sold separately
- ✓ BLUE BACKLIGHT MAKES IT EASY TO PROGRAM: Blue backlight on this digital light switch timer makes it easy to see and program your timer. Set up to 18 On/Off programs, each with 7-day programming options. Settings can be as short as one minute. Choose your own individual days or simply select one of our convenient pre-set combination days
- ✓ FULL CONTROL: Press and hold on the door to shift easily between AUTO (timed on/off) or MANUAL (manual on/off) modes. A backup battery in the BN-LINK 7 day programmable in-wall timer switch keeps your settings even in the event of a power outage, and our convenient Daylight Savings Time mode makes time changes headache-free
- ✓ PROTECT YOUR HOME: Activate our 3 way timer switch’s “Random” vacation mode to randomize your home’s programmed lights. Make your home look “lived in” even when you’re away.
- ✓ SAVE ENERGY & MONEY: Save costs on electricity. BN-LINK digital light switch timer is a great choice for lights, ceiling fans, and more.
- ✓ SINGLE-WAY & 3-WAY COMPATIBLE: Neutral wire is required. Compatible with SPDT. This digital light switch timer is ETL listed and rigorously controlled for quality and safety. Conforms to UL Std.60730-1, 60730-2-7. Rating: 15A/1875W, 10A/1250W Tungsten, 10A/1250W Ballast, 1/2HP, 125VAC, 60Hz. Operating temp.: -15°C (5°F) to 50°C (122°F). Storage temp.: -20°C (-4°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Automatically turns off after selected time, up to 60 minutes.
- Directly wire this timer switch into a standard light switch (standard toggle or decorator plate)
- Easily installs in place of existing wall switch, Fits any single or multi-Gang decorator or toggle switch plate
- Works with lamps, fans and other appliances. Ratings: 125-Volt, 60 Hz./20-Amp, 2500-Watt resistive/8-Amp, 1000-Watt tungsten/5-Amp, 625 W ballast, 1 HP
- Wall Plate Included.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR LIGHTS - Add convenience and customization to your home with the Honeywell Home ECONOSwitch 7-Day Solar Programmable Light Switch
- HELPS SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILL - Scheduled programming allows the Econoswitch to turn your home lights and motors on and off automatically, helping you save both time and energy
- CONTROL MULTIPLE DEVICES - Schedule your motor-operated appliances such as ceiling fans, bathroom fans, pond pumps, and pool pumps in addition to all your home lighting (one switch per home installation). 1800W, ¾ HP on 120v
- SIMPLE PROGRAMMING - Easily program up to 7 on-and-off schedules per week that can be repeated daily or weekly. 3-button interface makes programming simple
- VERSATILE LIGHTING - Compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lighting for outdoor or indoor operation
- INSTALLATION - Single-pole installation that requires a neutral wire. This switch cannot be used if there is no neutral wire (white wires joined together) inside the electrical box. Wallplate not included
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lighting or let the ECONOswitch run automatically on a programmed schedule
- CONVENIENT UPDATES - Automatically adjusts to daylight savings to ensure that your programs run correctly and on time. Programs protected during power outages. The Random Setting turns timed light on and off for extra home security while you’re away
- SLEEK DESIGN - Sleek wall mounts blend in with virtually any home interior and a large backlit screen provides clear viewing at night
- DIMENSIONS - 6. 7 x 9. 1 x 1. 9 inches
- Light Switch - One (1) Digital Countdown Timer Rocker Light Switch
- Use - Upgrade your existing switches with this Pass & Seymour lightswitch with an integrated digital countdown timer with four pre-set countdown times of 60, 40, 20 and 10 minutes
- Convenience - Control lights, fans or heat lamps manually with the paddle switch or use the timer buttons to shut off a light or appliance automatically after a designated period to save on energy costs
- Appearance - Offers clean lines and adds a sophisticated touch while matching other switches in the Radiant line
- Compatibility - Electric switch controls most types of lighting and other load types like fans and motors; supported lighting configurations include 0-800 VA E-Ballast, MLV, ELV, CFL, LED Drivers, fluorescent or incandescent, 1/6 hp
- 4 Presets: 5-10-15-30 minutes
- Simple press and hold override timer function
- Can be used for lighting, heat lamps, hot tubs, attic and exhaust fans
- Installation instructions included and 3 way only Works with Vizia + Remote VP0SR (sold separately)
- White assembled on device, ivory and light almond included (colors may vary)
- 120 VAC, 60 Hertz, 1800 Watts Incandescent, 600 Watts CFL, 5A LED, 20A resistive/inductive, 1HP, single pole 3 way or more locations, Neutral Wire required
- ✓ SIMPLE TO USE: Pins UP means timer is OFF. Pins DOWN means timer is ON. Please note that your timer’s pins will come pressed DOWN new of the box. Pull the pins UP to begin setting your timer
- ✓ AUTOMATE YOUR HOME OR OFFICE: Turn on and off lamps, small appliances, Christmas trees, and other electrical devices with a handy timer
- ✓ DESIGN YOUR OWN SCHEDULE: With up to 24 on and off settings per day, you can program your devices to turn on/off in as small as 30-minute intervals. Settings will repeat daily once programmed and plugged-in
- ✓ CONVENIENT AND COMPATIBLE: Each package includes 2 mini outlet timers that can be used in 2 locations.This light timer is compatible with compact fluorescent lighting, LED bulbs, and most small appliances
- ✓ RATINGS: 125-Volt, 60 Hz./15-Amp, 1875-Watt resistive/8-Amp, 1000-Watt tungsten/5 Amp ballast
- Push-button operation – Six presets turn on connected equipment for five minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour, two hours or four hours
- No neutral – Replaces single-pole switches in switch boxes with no neutral wire required, which is perfect in older homes as well as in new construction
- Wallplate included – A white wallplate for quick, single-gang installation is provided, and the in-wall timer fits rocker-style wallplates in multi-gang setups
- Versatile use – Ideal for hardwired lights, exhaust fans, heaters, pumps and more
- Compatible lighting – Supports LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Quiet digital operation
- Incandescent, CFL and LED ready
- Replaces wall switch or older spring-wound timer
- Push button on/off (override)
- Easy to install
- AUTO & CUSTOMIZATION: Automatically turns your lights on and off based on your scheduled programming. Save time and energy! Three operating modes and up to 7 on-and-off programs that can be repeated daily or weekly. You can flexibly combine these schedules to best suit your family lifestyle.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER: Input your local latitude and longitude, the light switch timer will automatically calculate the sunrise and sunset time to turn on and off your lights. Setting a specific time to control the lights is also available to meet various actual needs. And all the programming is saved when suddenly power goes out.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: We all know that lights on in a house help deter thieves and break-ins. Featuring with a random mode which can randomize your home's lights to appear like someone is at home, that will keep your house safe when you are away.
- SLEEK DESIGN: Flush with standard decorative wallplate and blend in with virtually any home interior. Featuring a LCD screen with easy-to-read backlit display, and a three-button interface for simple operation and programming.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lighting, in addition to your motor-operated appliances such as ceiling fans, bathroom fans, fountain pumps, and pool pumps, sprinklers. 1800W, ¾ HP on 120V.
- Timer Light Switch: Controls the ON/OFF operation of lights, fans, air conditioner and heaters according to the countdown time set
- Countdown Timer: Six preset countdown time options: 5, 10, 30 or 60 mins, 2 or 4 hrs; Bottom button for re-set. Replaces any standard wall switch, fits any standard decorator wall plate.
- Mode 1: Blue LED light flashes twice indicating setting success then stays off. Mode 2: LED stays on during the selected time delay then shuts off
- Energy Efficient: Ideal energy saving solution for bedroom, exhaust fans, sprinkle system, garage and laundry room applications. Conserve energy and only leave the motor on as needed.
- Specifications: 120V, 1/2HP Motor, 15A Resistive, 1200W Tungsten, Electronic Ballast/LED 5A or 600W. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED, 1-Year, UL Listed
- ✅TIMER SWITCH: Controls the ON/OFF operation of LEDs, CFLs, fans, air conditioner and heaters according to the countdown time set, energy saving and convenience.
- ✅CUSTOMIZE YOUR LIGHTS: Choose from 6 convenient pre-set countdown times : 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 mins, or Use the manual on/off button to cancel a repeat or to override any settings
- ✅MULTIPLE USES: The in-wall timer switch is ideal energy saving solution for bedroom, exhaust fans, closet, pantry, garage and laundry room applications.
- ✅EASY INSTALLATION: Single pole installation, the neutral wire requires. This switch cannot be used if there is no neutral wire inside the electrical box. Wallplate included
- ✅SAFE & RELIABLE: Lighting Switch have UL Certified, FCC Listed. Multiple certifications. Let you buy more assured. If you encounter any problems during use, please contact us. We will give you a reply within 24 hours
- 60-Minute Countdown – The dial operation makes setting the countdown easy and fast; turn the dial to provide power for up to 60 minutes
- Ideal Use – The in-wall timer is perfect for lights, exhaust fans, heaters, pumps and is compatible with LED, CFL and incandescent lighting
- Face Plates - Includes white and light almond face plates to match existing switches and fits single- or multi-gang standard and rocker plates to integrate with your home
- Easy to Install – The single-pole timer and no neutral wire required simplifies installation, saving you time and energy
- Electrical Ratings – 125VAC, 50/60 Hz 20A general/resistive, 7A tungsten, 1HP motor, 250VAC, 50/60 Hz 10A general/resistive, 2HP motor, 277VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10A general/resistive
- Automatically turns a load off on a countdown timer; saves energy by ensuring lights are always turned off
- Six timer options to choose from: 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 60 min, 2 hour and 4 hour; manual button can overrides the timer to turn light or fan on or off without delay
- When time delay is selected, the blue LED indicator will FLASH TWICE to indicate setting success THEN TURN OFF. It will be an ideal choice if you control the lights in the bedroom
- Replace most wall switches. Perfect for lights, ceiling fans, bathroom fans and heaters, and any other appliances that are usually forgotten
- NEUTRAL NOT REQUIRED (ground wire required); 120VAC 60Hz, incandescent/halogen: 800W, LED/CFL: 150W, motor: 1/4Hp; operating temperature 32°F to 131°F; UL 94 V2 flammability rating; Single Pole Switch; UL listed; 1-year warranty; Wall Plate sold separately
- Save time, money and energy by scheduling your indoor or outdoor lighting and appliances - ideal for ceiling lights, ceiling fans, exhaust fans, patio lights, and more.
- Features 4 programmable On/Off buttons and 2 On/Off override buttons for when you need to use the connected light/fan outside of your selected scheduled times.
- Blue LED indicator lights next to each button show which buttons/programs are currently active or selected. Compatible with LED, CFL, Incandescent and Halogen bulbs as well as dimmable LED and dimmable CFL bulbs.
- Replace your existing light switch - (NEUTRAL WIRE IS REQUIRED – WALL PLATE NOT INCLUDED) Screw terminal installation provides improved space efficiency when replacing existing switches compared to flying leads
- Backup battery maintains your settings in the event of a power outage. Electrical Ratings: 120VAC 60 Hz, 15A General/Resistive, 1200W Tungsten, 1200VA Ballast, ½ HP, UL Listed.
- 4 Hour Timer Switch: Just Free your hands! This timer switch can automatically turn Off lights, fans(only on/off, not speed), air conditioner and heaters according to the countdown time set.
- Countdown Timer switch: Six preset countdown time options: 5, 10, 30 or 60 mins, 2 or 4 hrs; 1 override manual button. It is easy to use. Replaces any standard wall switch, fits any standard decorator wall plate.
- Amber LED Indicator: Soft light and easy to be found in the dark.When you don't need the LED light, you can turn off the LED light of this timer switch through program settings.
- Energy Efficient: MT10N timer switch is ideal energy saving solution for bedroom, exhaust fans, sprinkle system, garage and laundry room applications. Conserve energy and only leave the motor on as needed.
- Specifications: 120V, 1/2HP Motor, 15A Resistive, 1000W Tungsten, Electronic Ballast/LED 5A or 600W. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED, ETL & FCC Listed, 1-Year warranty
- SunSmart technology – Built-in function adjusts sunrise and sunset settings throughout the year to accommodate varying daylight times for your region
- Weekly programming – Create up to seven ON/OFF programs throughout the week to support varied schedules, and a random security feature alters settings by up to 30 minutes to create a lived-in appearance
- Switch upgrade – Replace single-pole or three-way switches equipped with a neutral wire to control LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs, and other permanently installed fixtures
- Daylight saving time – Optional setting accommodates clock changes in areas that observe daylight saving time without reprogramming your light timer
- Replaceable door – Convenient white and light almond doors are included to conceal programming buttons and functions as ON/OFF switch
- ✓ ONE-TOUCH OPERATION: Choose from 6 convenient pre-set countdown times (5, 15, 30, 60 min, and 2 or 4 hours)
- ✓ REPEAT FUNCTION: Activate the Repeat button to have your selected countdown time repeat at the same time each day
- ✓ MANUAL ON/OFF: Use the manual on/off button to cancel a repeat or to override any settings
- ✓ ADAPTABLE USES: Our in-wall countdown timer switch is great for your bathroom, closet, pantry, garage, laundry room, spa, enclosed patio, and more
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: ETL listed, and conforms to UL Std. 60730-1, 60730-2-7. Rated 125V, 60 Hz, 15A/1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 10A/1250W Ballast or Tungsten, ½ HP, TV-5. Neutral wire is required.
- Programmable timer switch automatically turns lights ON/OFF based on a programmable 7-day schedule; includes an astronomic feature that automatically adjusts dusk to dawn times
- Program and schedule up to 7 unique ON/OFF pairings per week; each program can be unique or repeated daily, by weekends, or by weekdays
- Random function varies schedule for a lived-in look; includes manual override and countdown timer features
- Back-lit LCD screen activates when a button is pressed; the illuminated screen helps to easily read and program timer switch at the darkest areas
- White; NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED; single-pole or 3-way; 15 Amp; 120VAC @ 60 Hz; 1/2HP motor; 150W LED; 1800W Incandescent; wall plate sold separately; UL listed; 1-year warranty
- Automatically turns a load OFF on a countdown timer; saves energy by ensuring the light or fan is never left ON by mistake
- Six countdown timer options to choose from 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, and 30 minutes; manual ON/OFF button overrides the timer
- Blue LED blinks to indicate which timer settings have been selected; LED doubles as a subtle night light and allows for easy locating in the dark
- Perfect for lights, ceiling fans, bathroom fans, heaters, and any other appliances that are commonly forgotten; ideal for locations such as the bathroom, closet, pantry, garage, or laundry room
- White; NEUTRAL NOT REQUIRED, ground wire required; 120VAC 60Hz, incandescent/halogen: 800W, LED/CFL: 150W, motor: 1/4Hp; operating temperature 32°F to 131°F; UL 94 V2 flammability rating; UL listed; 1-year warranty
How to choose a good timer switches
Does the idea of finding a fantastic timer switches make you anxious? When it comes to purchasing this product, specifically when deciding which model to select, has your head been spinning between options? You are not alone if that is the case. We are aware of the pressure involved in the purchasing process!
Your presence here indicates that you are interested in timer switches. Before choosing which product would be the best for your needs after being inundated with information, locate a reliable source with genuine selections. You can get that information from a variety of sources, including buying guides and rating websites, word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, online discussion forums where users can share their own experiences, product reviews that can be found all over the internet, and YouTube channels. You can only get the right product through exhaustive analysis. But you realize that’s not always simple. In order to ease your concerns, we have taken the time to develop a list of the top timer switches products available right now. You might be wondering how we came up with the list. How was this buying guide developed?
First, we used our algorithms to gather as much reliable data as we could about these products. To verify all the data gathered, we used both artificial intelligence and a lot of algorithms.
Then, our experts used criteria that are recognized in the business to evaluate them according to their quality to price ratio, allowing us to choose the top timer switches on the market right now!
The selection of the goods is not arbitrary. Before creating a list, we take into account a number of factors. Below are some of the criteria discussed:
Brand Value: What happens if you choose a dubious brand just because it appears to be a good deal? So the likelihood of receiving a product with a short shelf life increases. That is due to the fact that well-known brands have a reputation to uphold, while others do not. Top timer switches brands strive to provide some distinctive traits that set them apart from the competition. So, hopefully one or more of the items on our list will be perfect for you.
Features: Useful features are all you need, not tons of them. We consider the important aspects and select the top timer switches based on those.
Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products with higher specifications, but with the right balance.
Quality: A product’s quality may always be quantified with the aid of numbers. We look for goods with better standards that strike the proper balance. The best quality product that gets highly appreciated and recommended by experienced users.
Customer ratings: Would it be accurate to suggest that the timer switches were used by hundreds of customers before you? Superior ratings indicate that many customers had better service.
Customer Reviews: Like ratings, provide you with accurate and reliable information about the product from genuine customers. Customer ratings are very important to all of us because they contain accurate and reliable information about the customer service we received from several hundred customers.
Seller Rank: This is very intriguing! Not only do you need a good timer switches, you also need a product with rising sales that is trendy. It accomplishes two goals. First, the expanding user base proves the quality of the product. Second, given that number, producers must be able to offer greater quality and after-sales support.
Value: You get what you pay for, they say, so consider the value. Cheap isn’t always good and expensive isn’t always bad. However, that does not imply that spending a lot of money on a product that is flashy but underwhelming is a good idea. Before adding them to the list, we make an effort to evaluate how much value you can get for your money from your timer switches.
Durability: Durability and reliability are closely related concepts. You will benefit from a strong and long-lasting timer switches for months and years to come.
Product availability: Products come and go, and new ones replace the old ones. Most likely, a few new features and required changes were made. What use is it to use a supposedly good product if the maker no longer supports it? We make an effort to highlight products that are current and offered by one or more trustworthy sellers, if not more.
Negative Reviews: Yes, we do take that into account as well! The goods with the majority of bad reviews are filtered out and disregarded when we choose the best-rated one on the market.
These are the standards by which we selected our timer switches. Do we end our process there? Hell no. The most crucial fact about us that you should be aware of is that we regularly update our website with current and pertinent information. We have one more layer of filtration since we place the greatest importance on reader satisfaction. Please let us know if any product included here is incorrect, irrelevant, subpar, or simply out of date. We always value your opinions, and we’ll work hard to make any necessary corrections to our list in response to them.
Why should you believe us?
There are now thousands of possibilities for these products on Amazon, but choosing the best one can be difficult and time-consuming. And what timer switches should you purchase in 2022?
This guide is the result of more than 10 years of experience in researching, testing and writing about many topics. Each member of our team is an authority in their area. We read every article we could find online and every consumer review on every retail website for seven hours. Additionally, we discovered a ton of websites that offered helpful resources, including buying tips and thorough information on timer switches.