Are you trying to find timer switches among various brands on the market but aren’t sure where to begin? To assist you in finding the right one, we’ve put together a list of the 7 best to help you pick the perfect one!
We investigated and evaluated a number of the top-selling timer switches on the market in order to create our list of the best. Making a decision among the many options available is never simple. There are an infinite number of models available, each with a distinct price. And as you’ll find out, the best options aren’t usually the ones you imagine! This comparison is rich and relevant because of the numerous factors that were employed. You will find products featured in this ranking not only based on their pricing but also on their features and other customers reviews. To write this review, we completed 10 hours of research and did 22 timer switches tests. You won’t need to pick products at random any more. If you’re unsure of what to look for, browse our list and consult the buying guide!
An overview of our top picks
Table of contents
The best timer switches you can buy today
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR LIGHTS - Add convenience and customization to your home with the Honeywell Home 7-Day Programmable Light Switch Timer.
- HELPS SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILL - Scheduled programming allows this light switch timer to turn your home lights on and off automatically, helping you save both time and energy.
- HIDDEN PROGRAMMING BUTTONS - On/Off door flap opens to reveal programming buttons for easy operation and programming of your ceiling fans, bathroom fans, pond pumps, and pool pumps in addition to all your home lighting and motor-operated lights (one switch per home installation).
- SIMPLE PROGRAMMING - Easily program up to 7 on-and-off schedules per week that can be repeated daily or weekly.
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lights or let the programmable timer switch run automatically on a programmed schedule.
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lights or let the programmable timer switch run automatically on a programmed schedule
- CONVENIENT FEATURES - Built-in rechargeable battery protects your programs during power outages and the LCD screen conveniently shows time, day and load status.
- COMPATIBLE WITH: All types of lighting up to 2400 W including ceiling/bath fans and pumps up to 1 HP. Single pole installation requires neutral wire. Works with CFL and LED bulbs.
- Wallplate not included.
- DIMENSIONS - 4.0625 x 1.6875 x 1.5 inches
- Push-button operation – Six presets turn on connected equipment for five minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour, two hours or four hours
- No neutral – Replaces single-pole switches in switch boxes with no neutral wire required, which is perfect in older homes as well as in new construction
- Wallplate included – A white wallplate for quick, single-gang installation is provided, and the in-wall timer fits rocker-style wallplates in multi-gang setups
- Versatile use – Ideal for hardwired lights, exhaust fans, heaters, pumps and more
- Compatible lighting – Supports LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Quiet digital operation
- Incandescent, CFL and LED ready
- Replaces wall switch or older spring-wound timer
- Push button on/off (override)
- Easy to install
- CONVENIENT – replace your current wall switch with a countdown timer to automate fan/motor loads and lights. Four preset time buttons, press to turn on and automatically turns off when time expires
- EASY TO INSTALL – shallow design easily fits in the wallbox. 600W LED/CFL, 1800W Incandescent/Halogen, 1200VA MLV/ELV/Fluorescent, ½ HP/9.8 Amp Fan/Motor, 15A Resistive
- INNOVATIVE GREEN FLEX SLEEVE – wires to ground when no neutral wire is available or remove green sleeve and connect to a neutral wire if present in wallbox. A ground wire is required for installation
- DIY FRIENDLY – the device has two black wires that can be interchanged between line and load to help prevent miswiring
- ENERGY SAVING – ensure lights and fans are not left on unintentionally
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR LIGHTS - Add convenience and customization to your home with the Honeywell Home ECONOSwitch 7-Day Solar Programmable Light Switch
- HELPS SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILL - Scheduled programming allows the Econoswitch to turn your home lights and motors on and off automatically, helping you save both time and energy
- CONTROL MULTIPLE DEVICES - Schedule your motor-operated appliances such as ceiling fans, bathroom fans, pond pumps, and pool pumps in addition to all your home lighting (one switch per home installation). 1800W, ¾ HP on 120v
- SIMPLE PROGRAMMING - Easily program up to 7 on-and-off schedules per week that can be repeated daily or weekly. 3-button interface makes programming simple
- VERSATILE LIGHTING - Compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lighting for outdoor or indoor operation
- INSTALLATION - Single-pole installation that requires a neutral wire. This switch cannot be used if there is no neutral wire (white wires joined together) inside the electrical box. Wallplate not included
- MULTIPLE MODES - Manually control your lighting or let the ECONOswitch run automatically on a programmed schedule
- CONVENIENT UPDATES - Automatically adjusts to daylight savings to ensure that your programs run correctly and on time. Programs protected during power outages. The Random Setting turns timed light on and off for extra home security while you’re away
- SLEEK DESIGN - Sleek wall mounts blend in with virtually any home interior and a large backlit screen provides clear viewing at night
- DIMENSIONS - 6. 7 x 9. 1 x 1. 9 inches
- ✓ BLUE BACKLIGHT MAKES IT EASY TO PROGRAM: Blue backlight on this digital light switch timer makes it easy to see and program your timer. Set up to 18 On/Off programs, each with 7-day programming options. Settings can be as short as one minute. Choose your own individual days or simply select one of our convenient pre-set combination days
- ✓ FULL CONTROL: Press and hold on the door to shift easily between AUTO (timed on/off) or MANUAL (manual on/off) modes. A backup battery in the BN-LINK 7 day programmable in-wall timer switch keeps your settings even in the event of a power outage, and our convenient Daylight Savings Time mode makes time changes headache-free
- ✓ PROTECT YOUR HOME: Activate our 3 way timer switch’s “Random” vacation mode to randomize your home’s programmed lights. Make your home look “lived in” even when you’re away.
- ✓ SAVE ENERGY & MONEY: Save costs on electricity. BN-LINK digital light switch timer is a great choice for lights, ceiling fans, and more.
- ✓ SINGLE-WAY & 3-WAY COMPATIBLE: Neutral Wire is Required. Compatible with SPDT. This digital light switch timer is ETL listed and rigorously controlled for quality and safety. Conforms to UL Std.60730-1, 60730-2-7. Rating: 15A/1875W, 10A/1250W Tungsten, 10A/1250W Ballast, 1/2HP, 125VAC, 60Hz. Operating temp.: -15°C (5°F) to 50°C (122°F). Storage temp.: -20°C (-4°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Automate the shut off operations of all types of lights including LEDs, CFLs, fans and heaters at the time pre-set
- Six pre-set options: 1min, 5min, 10min, 15min, 20min or 30min; Simply push the button to set countdown time preference
- Replaces standard in wall light switches, fan switches or spring loaded timers for energy saving, convenience and lighting and fan control
- Blue LED light STAYS ON, easy to locate in darkness. Ideal for bathroom, closet, pantry, garage, laundry room, spa; Due to the bright LED light, bedrooms are not recommended for this feature
- Specifications: UL Listed, NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED, supports LED/CFL: Incandescent: 800W, Fluorescent: 800VA light bulbs , Motor: 1/4 HP, Single Pole Switch. Wall Plate sold separately
- ✓ SIMPLE TO USE: Pins UP means timer is OFF. Pins DOWN means timer is ON. Please note that your timer’s pins will come pressed DOWN new of the box. Pull the pins UP to begin setting your timer
- ✓ AUTOMATE YOUR HOME OR OFFICE: Turn on and off lamps, small appliances, Christmas trees, and other electrical devices with a handy timer
- ✓ DESIGN YOUR OWN SCHEDULE: With up to 24 on and off settings per day, you can program your devices to turn on/off in as small as 30-minute intervals. Settings will repeat daily once programmed and plugged-in
- ✓ CONVENIENT AND COMPATIBLE: Each package includes 2 mini outlet timers that can be used in 2 locations.This light timer is compatible with compact fluorescent lighting, LED bulbs, and most small appliances
- ✓ RATINGS: 125-Volt, 60 Hz./15-Amp, 1875-Watt resistive/8-Amp, 1000-Watt tungsten/5 Amp ballast
- Automatically turns off after selected time, up to 60 minutes.
- Directly wire this timer switch into a standard light switch (standard toggle or decorator plate)
- Easily installs in place of existing wall switch, Fits any single or multi-Gang decorator or toggle switch plate
- Works with lamps, fans and other appliances. Ratings: 125-Volt, 60 Hz./20-Amp, 2500-Watt resistive/8-Amp, 1000-Watt tungsten/5-Amp, 625 W ballast, 1 HP
- Wall Plate Included.
- 24-Hour Timer – This timer provides daily control, and with the convenient override switch, you can interrupt the timer cycle when not needed
- 30-Minute Intervals – Simple mechanical operations in 30-minute intervals accommodates varied schedules, saving time and energy
- Compatibility- Control LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs or other hard-wired devices using the timer
- Single-Pole - Replaces standard single-pole switches, and it fits rocker-style wallplate (not included) to match existing switches
- Electrical Rating – 125VAC, 15A General/Resistive, 1250W Tungsten, ½ HP Motor, 500VA Electronica Ballast/LED
- Save time, money and energy by scheduling your indoor or outdoor lighting and appliances - ideal for ceiling lights, ceiling fans, exhaust fans, patio lights, and more.
- Features 4 programmable On/Off buttons and 2 On/Off override buttons for when you need to use the connected light/fan outside of your selected scheduled times.
- Blue LED indicator lights next to each button show which buttons/programs are currently active or selected. Compatible with LED, CFL, Incandescent and Halogen bulbs as well as dimmable LED and dimmable CFL bulbs.
- Replace your existing light switch - (NEUTRAL WIRE IS REQUIRED – WALL PLATE NOT INCLUDED) Screw terminal installation provides improved space efficiency when replacing existing switches compared to flying leads
- Backup battery maintains your settings in the event of a power outage. Electrical Ratings: 120VAC 60 Hz, 15A General/Resistive, 1200W Tungsten, 1200VA Ballast, ½ HP, UL Listed.
- Pre-Set Timer Options - Customize your lights or fan operation with 6 pre-set times (1, 5, 10, 20, 30, or 60 minutes) to automatically turn off. Enjoy savings ensuring energy efficiency.
- Worry-Free Usage - Never worry about leaving lights or bathroom vent fans on for long periods of time, saving energy and reducing electricity costs.
- LED Timer Indicator - The timer switch's LED indicator flashes during the last 10 seconds of the selected time, alerting you before it shuts off; also features a Constant On mode by holding the on/off button for more than 5 seconds.
- Versatile Applications - Compatible with incandescent (1875W), fluorescent (1250VA), LED (1000W) lighting, and fan motors (1/2HP); requires a neutral wire and operates on a 125VAC, 60Hz, 15A single pole circuit.
- UL Listed - This countdown timer switch is UL Listed with a 1-year warranty, designed for indoor use only, and comes with a wall plate and mounting screws for easy installation, a convenient addition to your home.
- Multi-Purpose Use - This countdown timer switch is perfect for bathroom vent fans as well as heaters, sprinklers, laundry rooms and lights.
- Programming Convenience: Set schedules to control your indoor and outdoor lights, fans, sprinklers, and motors to turn on and off automatically at the present time.
- 18 Timer Options - Create up to 18 different on/off timer settings and let the HET01-C wall timer do the rest. The timer cover can be pressed to manually turn lights on and off.
- Backup Battery: In case of a power outage, the built-in Ni-MH battery secures preprogrammed timer settings.
- Energy Savings & Safety: Get a return on your investment by reducing energy consumption for lights left on longer than needed. Protect your home with the random mode feature when away at work or on vacation
- Easy Installation: Fits into any standard electrical 1-gang wall box. The neutral wire is not required. GROUND REQUIRED. Single Pole only. Resistive 15A/1800W, Voltage 120VAC, 60Hz, Tungsten 1200W, Fan motor: 1/2HP. 1-Year, UL/CUL Listed. Wall Plate Included.
- AUTO & CUSTOMIZATION: Automatically turns your lights on and off based on your scheduled programming. Save time and energy! Three operating modes and up to 7 on-and-off programs that can be repeated daily or weekly. You can flexibly combine these schedules to best suit your family lifestyle.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER: Input your local latitude and longitude, the light switch timer will automatically calculate the sunrise and sunset time to turn on and off your lights. Setting a specific time to control the lights is also available to meet various actual needs. And all the programming is saved when suddenly power goes out.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: We all know that lights on in a house help deter thieves and break-ins. Featuring with a random mode which can randomize your home's lights to appear like someone is at home, that will keep your house safe when you are away.
- SLEEK DESIGN: Flush with standard decorative wallplate and blend in with virtually any home interior. Featuring a LCD screen with easy-to-read backlit display, and a three-button interface for simple operation and programming.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lighting, in addition to your motor-operated appliances such as ceiling fans, bathroom fans, fountain pumps, and pool pumps, sprinklers. 1800W, ¾ HP on 120V.
- Needs no electricity to operate
- For use with any standard or decorator single or multi-gang wall switch (not included)
- Automatically limits ON time for energy consuming loads
- Incandescent/fluorescent/CFL/LED compatible
- No neutral connection required
- Included - 1 Legrand - Pass & Seymour Radiant 4 button light switch with white rocker wall switch and digital light switch
- Use - This 4 button light switch is a timer switch featuring 4-button preset countdown delays in 60-, 40-, 20- and 10-minute intervals with visual indication, turning loads off when no longer needed
- Quality Materials - Made to last, this digital light switch is constructed from high-impact resistant thermoplastic construction and long-term blade retention for extended service life, plus it is thoroughly tested
- Easy to Install - This rocker light switch has side wire terminal screws #12 – #14 AWG solid wire, push wire terminals accept #14 AWG solid copper wire only, and the narrow back body leaves more room for wires in the electrical box
- Function and Style - As part of the P&S Radiant collection by Legrand, the rocker wall switch is a step up from the standard with convenient operation and sleek aesthetics that complement your home
- Countdown Timer Switch – Press a button to set a countdown time for your light or bedroom ceiling fan, heater, and bathroom exhaust fan. Never worry about wasting energy in unoccupied rooms.
- 6 Preset Options - Pick a timer option from 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 60 min, 2 hour, and 4 hour time lapse; or use the manual button to turn your LED/Fluorescent light bulb manually on and off.
- Mode 1: Blue LED light flashes twice indicating setting success then stays off. Mode 2: LED stays on during the selected time delay then shuts off
- Energy Saving - 100% satisfaction and never worry about wasting energy in unoccupied rooms, with 1-year .
- Neutral Wire Required. DESCRIPTIONS - 120 VAC, 60 Hz. Incandescent: 1800W. Fluorescent: 1200VA. Motor ½HP. Operating Temperature: 32°F to 131°F (0°C to 55°C) Humidity: 95%RH, non-condensing. Wall Plate sold separately.
- Automatic Shutoff: Spring-wound twist timers are perfect for automatically turning off a variety of equipment such as ventilation fans, lighting, air compressors, HVAC, motors or pumps
- Variable Time Setting: Simply twist the timer’s knob to set an auto-off countdown between 1 and 30 minutes to match your power needs
- Easy In-Box Mounting: Housing fits inside a standard electrical box for in-wall mounting, with a professional metal faceplate and a simple setup that requires no adjustments
- Consistent and Durable: This reliable twist timer can handle 20 amp resistive loads or 2 hp motor loads at 125VAC and keeps working for years
- UL Listed for Quality Assurance: The C530M time switch delivers dependable performance and is ideally suited for use indoors controlling lighting or appliances
- CONVENIENT – Automate interior/exterior lights and more
- ENERGY SAVING – Reduce energy consumption and extend bulb life
- FLEXIBLE- Program up to 49 on/off event settings per day
- SMART - Adjusts to local sunrise/sunset and daylight saving
- VERSATILE- Use in homes, offices, schools, hotel rooms and other light commercial applications
- ⏱️ SIMPLE TO USE - Push one button to set timer, programmable for 60-30-20-10 Minute . A totally quiet mechanical operation that automatically shuts off when time expires.
- ✔️ EASY INSTALLATION - A quick and simple do-it-yourself project. Replaces existing ordinary wall switch or behind standard decorator plates. Neutral wire required and not compatible for 3-wire switches.
- 🏠 AUTOMATE YOUR HOME - Works with your exhaust fan, heater, jacuzzi and more. Ideal for kitchen, bathroom, garage.
- 💲 SAVE MONEY - Reduces costs on energy usage for electronic appliances in and around the home .
- 💡 COMPATIBLE - UL tested. Works easily with compact fluorescent bulbs, lamps, and other lighting appliances.
- ✓ ONE-TOUCH OPERATION: Choose from 6 convenient pre-set countdown times (5, 10, 20, 30, 45, or 60 min).
- ✓ REPEAT FUNCTION: Activate the Repeat button on the timer switch to have your selected countdown time repeat at the same time each day.
- ✓ MANUAL ON/OFF: Use the manual on/off button to cancel a repeat or override any settings on this switch timer.
- ✓ ADAPTABLE USES: Our in wall countdown timer switch is great for your bathroom, closet, pantry, garage, laundry room, spa, enclosed patio, and more,you can always find a perfect location to use this timer light switches indoor.
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: ETL listed, and this countdown wall timer switch conforms to UL Std. 60730-1, 60730-2-7. Rated 125V, 60 Hz, 15A/1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 10A/1250W Ballast or Tungsten, ½ HP, TV-5. Neutral Wire Must Required.
How to choose a good timer switches
Does the idea of finding a fantastic timer switches make you anxious? When it comes to purchasing this product, specifically when deciding which model to select, has your head been spinning between options? You are not alone if that is the case. We are aware of the pressure involved in the purchasing process!
Your presence here indicates that you are interested in timer switches. Before choosing which product would be the best for your needs after being inundated with information, locate a reliable source with genuine selections. You can get that information from a variety of sources, including buying guides and rating websites, word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, online discussion forums where users can share their own experiences, product reviews that can be found all over the internet, and YouTube channels. You can only get the right product through exhaustive analysis. But you realize that’s not always simple. In order to ease your concerns, we have taken the time to develop a list of the top timer switches products available right now. You might be wondering how we came up with the list. How was this buying guide developed?
First, we used our algorithms to gather as much reliable data as we could about these products. To verify all the data gathered, we used both artificial intelligence and a lot of algorithms.
Then, our experts used criteria that are recognized in the business to evaluate them according to their quality to price ratio, allowing us to choose the top timer switches on the market right now!
The selection of the goods is not arbitrary. Before creating a list, we take into account a number of factors. Below are some of the criteria discussed:
Brand Value: What happens if you choose a dubious brand just because it appears to be a good deal? So the likelihood of receiving a product with a short shelf life increases. That is due to the fact that well-known brands have a reputation to uphold, while others do not. Top timer switches brands strive to provide some distinctive traits that set them apart from the competition. So, hopefully one or more of the items on our list will be perfect for you.
Features: Useful features are all you need, not tons of them. We consider the important aspects and select the top timer switches based on those.
Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products with higher specifications, but with the right balance.
Quality: A product’s quality may always be quantified with the aid of numbers. We look for goods with better standards that strike the proper balance. The best quality product that gets highly appreciated and recommended by experienced users.
Customer ratings: Would it be accurate to suggest that the timer switches were used by hundreds of customers before you? Superior ratings indicate that many customers had better service.
Customer Reviews: Like ratings, provide you with accurate and reliable information about the product from genuine customers. Customer ratings are very important to all of us because they contain accurate and reliable information about the customer service we received from several hundred customers.
Seller Rank: This is very intriguing! Not only do you need a good timer switches, you also need a product with rising sales that is trendy. It accomplishes two goals. First, the expanding user base proves the quality of the product. Second, given that number, producers must be able to offer greater quality and after-sales support.
Value: You get what you pay for, they say, so consider the value. Cheap isn’t always good and expensive isn’t always bad. However, that does not imply that spending a lot of money on a product that is flashy but underwhelming is a good idea. Before adding them to the list, we make an effort to evaluate how much value you can get for your money from your timer switches.
Durability: Durability and reliability are closely related concepts. You will benefit from a strong and long-lasting timer switches for months and years to come.
Product availability: Products come and go, and new ones replace the old ones. Most likely, a few new features and required changes were made. What use is it to use a supposedly good product if the maker no longer supports it? We make an effort to highlight products that are current and offered by one or more trustworthy sellers, if not more.
Negative Reviews: Yes, we do take that into account as well! The goods with the majority of bad reviews are filtered out and disregarded when we choose the best-rated one on the market.
These are the standards by which we selected our timer switches. Do we end our process there? Hell no. The most crucial fact about us that you should be aware of is that we regularly update our website with current and pertinent information. We have one more layer of filtration since we place the greatest importance on reader satisfaction. Please let us know if any product included here is incorrect, irrelevant, subpar, or simply out of date. We always value your opinions, and we’ll work hard to make any necessary corrections to our list in response to them.
Why should you believe us?
There are now thousands of possibilities for these products on Amazon, but choosing the best one can be difficult and time-consuming. And what timer switches should you purchase in 2022?
This guide is the result of more than 10 years of experience in researching, testing and writing about many topics. Each member of our team is an authority in their area. We read every article we could find online and every consumer review on every retail website for seven hours. Additionally, we discovered a ton of websites that offered helpful resources, including buying tips and thorough information on timer switches.